Some days, wouldn’t it be nice to work from home! If only we all were lucky to have a connection with a virtual desktop hosting service company. I hear that some are capable to bring the office to their home over the computer!!!
On breaks we would be able to workout using our home fitness equipment, eat lunch for free in a stress-free environment. Employees that have flexibility tend to be more productive and happy to do their job
We all travel, but do we know the dangers of disease?
- Montezuma’s Revenge
- Yellow Fever
- Lyme Disease
We’ve all heard someone tell us, “Don’t swallow your gum or it will stay in your stomach for 7 years.” BUT is that true? Apparently our parents were wrong!! Gum is easily digested like any other food product. The only part of gum that the digestive system ‘thinks’ twice about digesting is the gum base (the part that gives gum the stickiness/chewyness). Eventually everything is digested just like any other food.
Read the complete article if you don’t believe me
Every year someone comes out with the newest diet THAT WORKS, but then just like the year before that NO DIET except exercise and eating healthy actually work. What is it that make these diet plans on TV so intriguing? Is it the fact that they have pictures of people who dropped pounds like none of us could even imagine? Or is it that we don’t see the tiny print in the bottom that says, “these results aren’t typical.”
Whatever the reason is, Newsweek compiled a list of the 6 Worst Diet Fads:
- The Fat-Free Diet: Just because products say fat-free doesn’t mean that it’s healthy. A lot of the times foods labeled fat-free contain large amounts of sugar, hence why fat-free food usually tastes just as good
- The Snack-Pack Diet: Many of the new 100-calories snack packs aren’t even healthy foods…they’re cookies and junk
- The Couch-Potato Diet: Decreasing what you eat and not increasing your level of activity will not keep the pounds off, BUT changing your eating habits and regularily exercise is known to wipe away pounds
- The Detox Plan: There is no proof that cleaning out your insides will make you healthier
- The Beef and Bacon Diet: That doesn’t even sound healthy
- The Twinkie Diet: Only eating junk food, like twinkies decreases the amount of vitamins your body is getting
If you ask me, I suggest sticking to the old fashion eating healthy and moderate to regular exercise. BUY an exercise machine and see what happens!!
There have been studies done and reasoning to believe that the way a mother eats during her pregnancy will determine the sex of the baby.
I say it’s a 50/50 shot for either and be happy with whatever God gives you!
Fitness Magazine listed America’s 10 Unhealthiest President’s, as follows:
- Grover Cleveland: Obesity, Penchant for food & alcohol, Cigar smoker & Gout
- William Taft: Obesity, Sleep abnea, Cardiac arrythmia, Smoker, Gout & Gallstones
- John F. Kennedy: Scarlet fever, measles, whooping cough, Jaundice, pneumonia, appendicities, urethritis, addison’s disease, cigar smoker & drug cocktail
- Dwight Eisenhower: Heavy smoker, Crohn’s disease, Gallstones & Heart attacks
- Warren Harding: Hypertension, diabetes, Heavy tobacco user, Overweight & Heart Disease
- Andrew Jackson: Small pox, Bullet wounds, Dysentery, Malaria, Addiction to coffee, alcohol, and tobacco, Lead and mercury poisoning & Edema
- Woodrow Wilson: Hypertension, headaches, double-vision, Multiple strokes, Blindness & Paralysis
- Ronald Reagan: Nearsighted, Smoker, Prostate stones, Bullet wound, Hearing loss, Colon cancer, Skin cancers & Alzheimer’s disease
- Theodore Roosevelt: Blindness, Deafness, Bullet wound & Malaria
- James Monroe: Bullet wound, Malaria, Seizure & Tuberculosis
The New York Times has reported that third-hand smoke can be very hazardous. We have all heard of second-hand smoke (when we ingest the smoke from a near smoker), but now there is third-hand smoke that non-smokers must worry about. Just because smokers open windows, leave the room, turn a fan on, etc to remove the smell. The hazardous material from the cigarette is still lingering. Clothing can carry the harmful gases and particles. “The residue includes heavy metals, carcinogens and even radioactive materials that young children can get on their hands and ingest, especially if they’re crawling or playing on the floor” (New York Times).
In other words “third-hand smoke” is what we smell when someone comes back from smoking outside or what not.
Quit SMOKING, IT’S THE SILENT KILLER!
Men’s Fitness has listed 2009 Fattest Cities in America
- Miami, Florida
- Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
- San Antonio, Texas
- Las Vegas, Nevada
- New York, New York
- Houston, Texas
- El Paso, Texas
- Jacksonville, Florida
- Charlotte, North Carolina
- Louisville-Jefferson, Kentucky
- Memphis, Tennessee
- Detroit, Michigan
- Chicago, Illinois
- Dallas-Fort Worth, Texas
- San Jose, California
- Tulsa, Oklahoma
- Baltimore, Maryland
- Columbus, Ohio
- Raleigh, North Carolina
- Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- L.A.-Long Beach, California
- Phoenix-Mesa, Arizona
- Indianapolis, Indiana
- San Diego, California
- Kansas-City, Missouri
I was reading an article that listed the 10 Most Annoying People at the Gym:
- The Couple
- The Goddess
- The dude sitting too close on the stretching mat
- The over-motivated personal trainer
- The person setting a world record for speed on the elliptical machine
- The locker-room phone talker
- Wearers of ill-fitting gym clothing of the small persuasion
- The racquetball super-enthusiasts
- The locker room mirror hog
- The people outside the giant window watching us run
What’s the deal with peanut butter these days? Over the past year I’ve been hesitant to even make a PB&J. The FDA confirmed that salmonella was found in peanut butter crackers, a Kellogg product. Hundreds of Americans have turned ill by this and there are even deaths related back to the peanut butter issue. The problem is tracing back to a peanut butter plant in Blakely, Georgia.
I am eager to see how this whole issue pans out….stay tuned!